Friday 8 June 2012

Letter: The Wannabe Argonian

The following letter was found in the archives of the Thieves Guild.

Let's hope they have water damage and mold insurance.

Brynjolf,

Concerning Brand-Shei, his snooping around becomes more worrisome by the day. That wannabe Argonian keeps thinking he and I have some sort of special connection and it frustrates me to no end. Like he will ever understand how it feels like to swim underwater without a care in the world (discounting the occasional slaughterfish). He always comes by at the most inconvenient moments, talking about his old life in the Black Marsh. I've told him to back off, but he laughs it off as "good old Argonian badmouthing". He even told me he doesn't grow a beard, because  "other Argonians" can't. The nerve! Doesn't he know it's the dream of every young male Argonian to grow a kick-ass mustache?

My personal feeling aside, he almost inadvertently busted me twice while I was working on some counterfeits for the Thieves Guild. It's only a matter of time before he figures out what's really going on. Since it's in the interest of us both to keep our professional relationship a secret, something needs to be done about this.

I hope you can figure out a way to get him off my back. Last time we spoke, you mentioned something about framing him for a crime. Maybe there is some way to make me the victim of that crime? (Obviously, without me suffering any bodily harm.) That way, I won't have to deal with him anymore when he gets out of prison. Even ignorant Brand-Shei can't expect from me to want to hang out with him after being "robbed" by him.

I trust you'll make the proper arrangements.

Madesi

So, you want a gold ore, two flawless sapphires and a mammoth's tusk. Wait, what does a Traditional Saxhleel Jeweler even mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment